Harris County Driving Safety Course (DSC)
Did you get a ticket in Harris County? If you have received a ticket in or around Harris County, don't worry, we're here for you. Completing our TDLR-approved Driving Safety Course (DSC) will help you dismiss your traffic ticket and prevent points from being added to your driver record. You could even qualify for a car insurance discount!
Our online Driving Safety Course will allow you to mask your ticket and keep points off your driving record. You must elect to take the Driving Safety Course on or before your appearance date on your citation, and enter a plea of no contest or guilty. If you get a ticket in Harris County, you will be required to
address it with one of the Harris County Municipal Court locations.
Harris County Municipal Court Locations:
- Baytown Municipal Court - 3120 N Main,Baytown, TX 77521
- Bellaire Municipal Court - 5110 Jessamine St, Bellaire, TX 77401
- Deer Park Municipal Court - 1302 Center St, Deer Park, TX 77536
- El Lago Municipal Court - 411 Tallowood Dr, El Lago, TX 77586
- Houston Municipal Court - 1400 Lubbock St, Houston, TX 77002
- Humble Municipal Court - 315 N Bender Ave, Humble, TX 77338
- Jersey Village Municipal Court - 16327 Lakeview Dr, Jersey Village, TX 77040
- Katy Municipal Court - 5432 Franz Rd, Katy, TX 77493
- La Porte Municipal Court - 5432 Franz Rd, Katy, TX 77493
- Pasadena Municipal Court - 1001 Shaw Ave, Pasadena, TX 77506
- Piney Point Village Municipal Court - 7676 Woodway Dr #300, Houston, TX 77063
- Seabrook Municipal Court - 1700 1st St, Seabrook, TX 77586
- Shoreacres Municipal Court - 601 Shoreacres Blvd, La Porte, TX 77571
- Southside Place Municipal Court -6309 Edloe St, Houston, TX 77005
- Spring Valley Village Municipal Court -1025 Campbell Rd, Houston, TX 77055
- Taylor Lake Village Municipal Court - 500 Kirby Rd, Seabrook, TX 77586
- Tomball Municipal Court - 401 Market St, Tomball, TX 77375
- Webster Municipal Court - 101 Pennsylvania Ave, Webster, TX 77598
- West University Place Municipal Court - 3800 University Blvd, West University Place, TX 77005
Harris County City Hall Locations
- Bunker Hill Municipal Court - 11977 Memorial Dr, Houston, TX 77024
- Galena Park City Hall - 2000 Clinton Dr, Galena Park, TX 77547
- Hedwig Village City Hall - 955 Piney Point Rd, Houston, TX 77024
- Morgans Point City Hall - 1415 E Main St, La Porte, TX 77571
- Nassau Bay City Hall - 1800 Space Park Dr #200, Houston, TX 77058
- Hunters Creek Village Municipal Court - 1 Hunters Creek Pl, Houston, TX 77024
- Jacinto City Municipal Court - 1301 Mercury Dr, Houston, TX 77029
- South Houston City Hall -1018 Dallas St, South Houston, TX 77587
Harris County Constable - Justice of the Peace
- Harris County - Constable Precinct 1 - 7300 N Shepherd Dr #120, Houston, TX 77091
- Harris County - Constable Precinct 1 (2)- 1302 Preston St, Houston, TX 77002
- Harris County - Constable Precinct 2 - 10851 Scarsdale, Suite 500, Houston TX 77089
- Harris County - Constable Precinct 2 (2) - 107 E Shaw Pasadena, TX 77506
- Harris County - Constable Precinct 3 - 14350 Wallisville Rd, Houston, TX 77049
- Harris County - Constable Precinct 3 (2) 701 W Baker Rd # 101, Baytown, TX 77521
- Harris County - Constable Precinct 4 - 831 Cypresswood Dr, Spring, TX 77379
- Harris County - Constable Precinct 4 (2) - 7900 Will Clayton Pkwy, Humble, TX 77338
- Harris County - Constable Precinct 5 - 6000 Chimney Rock Rd #102, Houston, TX 77081
- Harris County - Constable Precinct 5 (2) - 16715 Clay Rd #4, Houston, TX 77084
- Harris County - Constable Precinct 6 - 333 Lockwood Dr # 1, Houston, TX 77011
- Harris County - Constable Precinct 6 (2) - 1001 S Sgt Macario Garcia Dr, Houston, TX 77011
- Harris County - Constable Precinct 7 - 5737 Cullen Blvd, Houston, TX 77021
- Harris County - Constable Precinct 7 (P2) - 5300 Griggs Rd, Houston, TX 77021
- Harris County - Constable Precinct 8 - 16602 Diana Ln, Houston, TX 77062
- Harris County - Constable Precinct 8 (2) - 17330 Spencer Hwy #107, Pasadena, TX 77505
Dealing with a Texas Traffic Ticket
The citation the officer issues you at the time you get a ticket is usually yellow in color and contains information about your ticket. This information includes the nature of the violation (speeding, etc.), the citation number, and the court to which your case is
assigned. A few weeks later you will get a courtesy notice (usually white in color) that contains the instructions for dealing with your ticket.
In some cases, Harris County courts may allow for the dismissal of a "No Seatbelt Ticket" by taking a Driving Safety Course online.
The County of Harris has an excellent web site to help you.
If you are a juvenile (under 18 years old), you must first appear in a Harris County Court and be approved to sign up for a Driving Safety Course.
Harris County Texas Driver Safety Course is also known as "Defensive Driving Course" and "Traffic School".
Keep Points Off Your Driving Texas Record
Quite honestly, the main reason most people take traffic school is to keep points off their record. Your insurance company bases its premium on the number of tickets you have (in addition to other factors). By taking traffic school, your insurance company
will not see your traffic ticket. It is on your record but masked or hidden. Only police are able to see the ticket. This means your insurance rates will not go up because of the ticket.
Of course, another reason to take a defensive driving course is to refresh your driving knowledge or to become a better driver. We at Safe2Drive are in the business of traffic safety education. We believe traffic safety education is one way to improve the behavior of drivers on the road. Our aim is to help you become a better driver when you take our course.
Driving Safety Course Requirements
The only types of tickets in Harris County that can be dismissed by a Driving Safety Course are moving violations.
To be eligible for the Driving Safety Course you MUST:
- Enter a plea of guilty or no contest on or before the appearance date on your citation.
- Present a request to take the Driving Safety Course in writing on or before your appearance date on your citation
- Present a valid Texas driver's license, permit, or military ID
- Present proof of financial responsibility
- You must not have taken the Driving Safety Course within a year before your citation
- Pay the court costs and administrative fees at the time of the request
You must NOT have taken the Driving Safety Course for purposes of having a citation dismissed within the 12 months prior to the date of your citation. You will be required to sign a sworn affidavit, under the penalty of perjury, stating that you are in compliance with this condition.
Moving violations are not eligible for dismissal if they were given under any of these circumstances:
- A construction zone with workers present
- Passing a school bus
- No auto insurance
- You do not have a valid Texas driver's license
- You hold a commercial driver's license
- Leaving the scene of an accident
How Does the DSC Work?
Safe2Drive's Harris County Driving Safety Course is quick and easy. Get everything done in three simple steps!
Step One: Register for the DSC Course.
Create a username and password and fill out your contact information.
Step Two: Take the Course.
Our Defensive Driving course (DSC) consists of 11 short online lessons. We've incorporated the final exam into the multiple-choice end-of-lessons quizzes. That means you'll take the final exam as you progress through the course. You must pass the end-of-lesson quiz to proceed to the next lesson. Most people pass the lesson quiz on their first attempt, but you can retake a lesson quiz as many times as necessary to pass at no extra fee.
You may log in and out of the course as often as you'd like. Take it all in one sitting or come and go on your own schedule. It's completely up to you!
Step Three: Get your Certificate of Completion.
When you complete the course, we will immediately email you your Certificate of Completion for FREE. You must sign the court copy of the certificate and deliver it to your court. We provide you with an additional copy of your certificate that you can keep for your records.
Texas Driving Safety Course (DSC) FAQs
How Much Does This Course Cost?
Texas Driver Safety Course (DSC) course cost $25. The lowest cost allowed by the state.
How Long Does This Course Take to Complete?
You can finish the Texas DSC Course in as little as 6 hours. The shortest time allowed by law.
Harris County Texas - Driver Safety Course (DSC)
Bellaire ~ Bunker Hill Village ~ Deer Park ~ El Lago ~ Galena Park ~ Hedwig Village ~ Hilshire Village ~ Humble ~ Hunters Creek Village ~ Jacinto City ~ Jersey Village ~ Katy ~ La Porte ~ Morgan's Point ~ Nassau Bay ~ Pasadena ~ Piney Point Village ~ Shoreacres ~ South Houston ~ Southside Place ~ Spring Valley Village ~ Taylor Lake ~ Village Tomball ~ Webster West ~ University Place