Welcome to Safe2Drive! We're a small but hard-working team of driver safety experts who are dedicated to providing you and your teen with the
best course experience possible. Our goal is to make everything go smoothly for you.
Handing over the keys to your teen can be a little stressful--you're worried about their safety and the great responsibility that comes with getting behind the wheel.
We're here to ease your mind. With our Oklahoma Parent Taught Driver Education course, you get to work WITH your teen on their driver education. You
don't have to worry about whether or not a stranger is doing a good enough job teaching your teen everything there is to know about driving--you're their instructor! We
provide all the information you need to get started.
Our online Parent Taught Driver Education course is straightforward and convenient without sacrificing quality. Your teen gets to work
on the course at home or anywhere else with an Internet connection. And your teen is not on their own--we're here to guide you both
through the entire process. Your teen will enjoy games,
videos, slideshows, and so much more while learning all of the latest Oklahoma driving laws and defensive driving techniques.
We know your teen has a busy schedule, and it can be challenging
to set aside time. Our DPS-approved course allows your teen to work on the course at the pace that's best for them. What makes the flexibility of an
online course so valuable is that your teen can work through the course instruction when he or she has free time, in short
bursts or for longer periods of time.
But it’s not all about convenience. Our Oklahoma Parent Taught course is fun and engaging, too!
Every lesson contains videos, games, slideshows, and so much more. Your teen will listen to real-life stories on the driving experience,
watch animations that illustrate how to take and yield the right-of-way or
make tough vehicle maneuvers, and participate in a Live Vote on popular driving facts that tests how well their
driving knowledge measures up to that of their peers. Here at Safe2Drive, our students actually have
a good time while they're learning. And when your teen enjoys the learning process, they'll remember the material better.
If you or your teen have questions at any point during the course, our
friendly and helpful Customer Care team is here to assist you. You can call, email, or
even reach out to us on Facebook! We are here to help you out every step of the way.
Oklahoma is a big state with many roads, so we want to be sure your teen is as prepared as possible. Safe2Drive's Oklahoma Parent Taught
Driver Ed course will teach your teen everything they need to know to be the best driver possible. So let's get started!
Eligibility Requirements for Parents
There are a few eligibility requirements you must meet in order to become your teen's instructor for the Oklahoma Parent Taught
Driver Education course.
A "parent" is defined as the biological parent, adoptive parent, parent by marriage, or legal guardian (court appointed) of the student. To be eligible to be the “parent instructor,” a parent must meet the following requirements:
- Must have a valid driver license which is in the parent instructor’s possession at all times while performing behind-the-wheel instruction
- Must not have had his or her driving privileges or driver license suspended, canceled, revoked or denied within the past 12 months
- Must not have been convicted of possession or use of alcohol or drugs within the past 12 months
- Must not have more than 5 point violations on his or her driving record
- Must have no administrative action by the Department pending pursuant to 47 O.S. 753, 754, or 754.1 relating to driving under the influence or pursuant to 47 O.S. 761 related to driving while impaired
It takes just three easy steps to get started:
- Obtain the Driver Education Packet.
- Sign the affidavit in the PTDE packet and return it to the DPS for approval.
- Once the DPS has approved your affidavit and issued you an “Authorization Number,” you can register your teen on our website and make payment for the course.
- After you have registered for the course and made payment, your teen may apply for his or her Learner Permit at a Driver License Exam site if your teen is at least 15 1/2 years old. You will need to bring your receipt of payment and your affidavit as proof that your teen is enrolled in an approved driver education course. Check our Learner License Requirements page to make sure you have all of the required documents necessary for your teen to apply for his or her Learner Permit. Your teen will have to pass a vision test and a written driving exam to get his or her Learner Permit.
Complete the entire driver education course, which consists of 30 hours of online classroom instruction and 55 hours of behind-the-wheel practice (including 10 hours of driving at night). After your teen has completed both the online classroom instruction and the behind-the-wheel practice, your teen must pass a final exam. Once your teen successfully completes the final exam, we will issue your teen a Certificate of Completion.
When your teen is ready to apply for his or her intermediate driver license, bring his or her Certificate of Completion and other required paperwork to the Driver License Exam site. Check our Driver License Requirements page to make sure your teen meets all of the requirements and has all of the required paperwork to apply for his or her intermediate driver license.
- Note: Your teen has the option of completing the 30 hours of online classroom instruction before applying for his or her Learner Permit, but this is not required. Only proof of enrollment in an approved driver education course is required to get your Learner Permit if your teen is between the ages of 15 ½ and 16.
- The advantage of completing the classroom portion of a driver education course before applying for the Learner Permit is that the course will help better prepare your teen for the written exam he or she must pass to get his or her Learner Permit. Please note that we do not issue a Certificate of Completion for the course until both the classroom portion and behind-the-wheel training portion are complete, and teens must have their Learner Permit before starting the behind-the-wheel training.
Don't worry. We will guide you through all of these steps as you progress through the course.
So, what makes us so special? At Safe2Drive, we put our customers above everything else. Our Customer Care team has won the prestigious Silver Stevie Award two years in a row for outstanding
customer service, and we pride ourselves on taking good care of our customers.
In addition, our course is top-notch. We are constantly updating our course to make sure it has all of the most up-to-date information, and we
have worked hard to ensure our course is fun and interactive so that your teen actually engages with the material. After all, this is the material your teen needs to know to stay safe out on the road!
Best of all, our course is easy to complete and extremely convenient. Your teen can fit it into his or her schedule with ease. Your teen can work on the course from the
comfort of a desktop at home, or access it on the go on any mobile device.
So what are you waiting for? Get started today and help your teen get on the way toward receiving a driver license!
Back to Top