Denton County Driving Safety Course (DSC)
Did you get a ticket in Denton County? If you have received a ticket in or around Denton County, don't worry, we're here for you. Completing our TDLR-Approved Driving Safety Course (DSC) will help you dismiss your traffic ticket and prevent points from being added to your driver record. You could even qualify for a car insurance discount!
Our online Driving Safety Course will allow you to mask your ticket and keep points off your driving record. You must elect to take the Driving Safety Course on or before your appearance date listed on your citation and enter a plea of no contest or guilty. If you get a ticket in Denton County, you will be required to
address it with of the Denton County Municipal Court locations.
Denton County Courts
- Argyle Municipal Court - 308 Denton St E, Argyle, TX 76226
- Aubrey City Hall - 107 S Main St, Aubrey, TX 76227
- Copper Canyon Municipal Court - 400 Woodland Dr, Copper Canyon, TX 75077
- Denton Municipal Court - 601 E Hickory Suite E, Denton TX 76205
- Flower Mound Municipal Court - 4150 Kirkpatrick Ln, Flower Mound, TX 75028
- Highland Village Municipal Court - 1000 Highland Village Road, Highland Village, TX 75077
- Justin Municipal Court - 415 N. College, Justin, Texas 76249
- Krum Municipal Court - 146 W McCart Street, Krum, TX 76249
- Lewisville Municipal Court - 1197 West Main Street, Lewisville, Texas 75029
- Little Elm Municipal Court - 88 W Eldorado Pkwy, Little Elm, TX 75068
- Northlake Municipal Court - 1500 Commons Circle Suite 300, Northlake, TX 76226
- Pilot Point Police Department - 102 E Main St, Pilot Point, TX 76258
- Prosper Municipal Court - 200 S Main St, Prosper, TX 75078
- Roanoke Municipal Court - 609 Dallas Dr, Roanoke, TX 76262
- Sanger Municipal Court - 309 N. 3rd St, Sanger, Texas 76266
- Shady Shores Municipal Court - 101 S Shady Shores Rd, Lake Dallas, TX 75065
- Southlake Municipal Court - 600 State St, Southlake, TX 76092
- Cross Roads Municipal Court - 1401 FM424, Cross Roads, TX 76227
- Westlake Municipal Court - 1500 Solana Blvd #7200, Westlake, TX 76262
- Bartonville Municipal Court - 1941 E Jeter Rd E, Bartonville, TX 76226
- Double Oak Municipal Court - 320 Waketon Rd, Double Oak, TX 75077
- Krugerville Municipal Court - 5097 US-377, Aubrey, TX 76227
- Corinth Municipal Court - 3300 Corinth Pkwy, Corinth, TX 76208
- The Colony Municipal Court - 5151 N Colony Blvd, The Colony, TX 75056
- Lakewood Village Municipal Court - 100 Highridge Dr, Lakewood Village, TX 75068
- Oak Point Municipal Court - 100 Naylor Rd B, Oak Point, TX 75068
- Marshall Creek Municipal Court - 609 Dallas Dr, Roanoke, TX 76262
- Trophy Town Hall - 1 Trophy Wood Dr, Trophy Club, TX 76262
- Hackberry City Offices - 119 Maxwell Rd, Frisco, TX 75034
Denton County Justice of the Peace Locations
- Denton County Constable - Precinct 1 - 401 W Hickory St # 216, Denton, TX 76201
- Denton County Constable - Precinct 2 - 5533 FM 423 Suite 601 Frisco, TX 75036-8975
- Denton County Constable - Precinct 3 - 400 North Valley Parkway, Suite 2044 Lewisville, TX 75067
- Denton County Constable - Precinct 4 - 6200 Canyon Falls Dr. Suite 300 Flower Mound, TX 76226
- Denton County Constable - Precinct 5 - 1400 FM 424 Suite 164 Cross Roads, TX 76227
- Denton County Constable - Precinct 6 - 1029 West Rosemeade Parkway Carrollton TX, 75007
Dealing with a Texas Traffic Ticket
The citation the officer issues you at the time you get a ticket is usually yellow in color and contains information about your ticket. This information includes the nature of the violation (speeding, etc.), the citation number, and the court to which your case is
assigned. A few weeks later you will get a courtesy notice (usually white in color) that contains the instructions for dealing with your ticket.
In some cases, Denton County courts may allow for the dismissal of a "No Seatbelt Ticket" by taking a Driving Safety Course online.
The County of Denton has an excellent web site to help you.
If you are a juvenile (under 18 years old), you must first appear in a Denton County Court and be getpermission to sign up for a Driving Safety Course.
Denton County Texas Driver Safety Course is also known as "Defensive Driving Course" and "Traffic School".
Keep Points Off Your Texas Driving Record
Quite honestly, the main reason most people take traffic school is to keep points off their record. Your insurance company bases its premium on the number of tickets you have (in addition to other factors). By taking traffic school, your insurance company
will not see your traffic ticket. It is on your record but masked or hidden. Only police are able to see the ticket. This means your insurance rates will not go up because of the ticket.
Of course, another reason to take a defensive driving course is to refresh your driving knowledge or to become a better driver. We at Safe2Drive are in the business of traffic safety education. We believe traffic safety education is one way to improve the behavior of drivers on the road. Our aim is to help you become a better driver when you take our course.
Driving Safety Course Requirements
The only types of tickets in Denton County that can be dismissed by a Driving Safety course are moving violations.
To be eligible for the Driving Safety Course you MUST:
- Enter a plea of guilty or no contest on or before the appearance date on your citation.
- Present a request to take the Driving Safety Course in writing on or before your appearance date on your citation
- Present a valid Texas driver's license, permit, or military ID
- Present proof of financial responsibility
- You must not have taken the Driving Safety Course within a year before your citation
- Pay the court costs and administrative fees at the time of the request
You must NOT have taken the Driving Safety Course for purposes of having a citation dismissed within the 12 months prior to the date of your citation. You will be required to sign a sworn affidavit, under the penalty of perjury, stating that you are in compliance with this condition.
Moving violations are not eligible for dismissal if they were given under any of these circumstances:
- A construction zone with workers present
- Passing a school bus
- No auto insurance
- You do not have a valid Texas driver's license
- You hold a commercial driver's license
- Leaving the scene of an accident
How Does the DSC Work?
Safe2Drive's Denton Driving Safety Course is quick and easy. Get everything done in three simple steps!
Step One: Register for the DSC Course.
Create a username and password and fill out your contact information.
Step Two: Take the Course.
Our Defensive Driving course (DSC) consists of 11 short online lessons. We've incorporated the final exam into the multiple-choice end-of-lessons quizzes. That means you'll take the final exam as you progress through the course. You must pass the end-of-lesson quiz to proceed to the next lesson. Most people pass the lesson quiz on their first attempt, but you can retake a lesson quiz as many times as necessary to pass at no extra fee.
You may log in and out of the course as often as you'd like. Take it all in one sitting or come and go on your own schedule. It's completely up to you!
Step Three: Get your Certificate of Completion.
When you complete the course, we will immediately email you your Certificate of Completion for FREE. You must sign the court copy of the certificate and deliver it to your court. We provide you with an additional copy of your certificate that you can keep for your records.
Texas Driving Safety Course (DSC) FAQs
How Much Does This Course Cost?
Texas Driver Safety Course (DSC) course cost $25, the lowest cost allowed by the state.
How Long Does This Course Take to Complete?
You can finish the Texas DSC Course in as little as 6 hours, the shortest time allowed by law.
Denton Texas Driving Safety Course (DSC)
Argyle ~ Aubrey ~ Carrollton ~ Denton ~ Flower Mound ~ Frisco ~ Justin ~ Krum ~ Lake Dallas ~ Lewisville ~ Little Elm ~ Pilot Point ~ Ponder ~ Roanoke ~ Sanger ~ The Colony