California Online Traffic School
Fast, Easy, and Reliable
Our online California driver training courses are fast, easy, and reliable! We guarantee the lowest price and your satisfaction.
1. California Traffic School
- Take this online Traffic School course to have your ticket masked (hidden) and to prevent points from being added to your driving record.
- Self-paced, 10-lesson course
2. California Driver Education
- Take this course to earn your instruction permit and qualify to get your driver license.
- This course is self-paced, with no lesson timers. Study at the pace that works for you!
3. California Mature Driver Improvement
- Basic Course:
- Take this to get an insurance discount if you are age 55 or older.
- 6-hour course
- Refresher Course:
- Take this course if you are age 55 or older and want to continue receiving an insurance discount (if you have completed a California Mature Driver Basic course within the last three years).
- 4-hour course
4. California Insurance Discount
- You may be eligible for an insurance discount by completing our California defensive driving course online. Discounts, if any, vary from insurer to insurer. Please check with your insurance company before taking our course.
- This CA driver improvement course is intended for all licensed drivers up to age 55. Mature drivers (age 55 or older) must complete a Mature Driver course.
- The course is for an insurance discount only and is not intended to be taken for ticket dismissal unless specifically allowed by the court.
5. California TVS Operator Courses
- 8-Hour Licensing Course
- Take our 8-Hour California TVS Operator course to qualify for your TVS Operator license.
- 4-Hour Renewal Course
- Take our 4-Hour California TVS Operator course to renew your TVS Operator license.
How It Works
Our online California driving courses are easy and convenient. Get everything done in four easy steps!
Registration is fast and easy! Simply create a username and password. Use your username and password to access the course as often as you want. We provide an unlimited number of logins.
2. Complete the Course
Our courses consist of interactive elements like games, animations, and slideshows to ensure you have a fun course experience. You can complete your course at the pace that works best for you. Each time you log in, we automatically take you to where you last left off.
3. Pass the Exam
For California Traffic School: The California Department of Motor Vehicles allows students two attempts to pass the final exam. However, most students pass the exam the first time. The final exam is "open book," allowing you to review any material in the course before answering a question.
Safe2Drive does not charge any additional fees to take the final exam a second time. If you happen to fail the final exam twice, the California DMV requires you to start the course over from the beginning. Safe2Drive will not issue refunds for students who fail the final exam twice.You may also enroll in another Traffic Violator School course if you choose to do so rather than starting our course over from the beginning.
For California Driver Education: You can take the exam online to complete the online instruction. Our online exam consists of multiple-choice questions and requires about 15-20 minutes to complete. You may retake the final exam as many times as necessary until you pass. We will also supply you with practice tests to help prepare you for your permit test at the DMV.
For California Mature Driver: Our online exam consists of multiple-choice questions and requires about 10-15 minutes to complete. Most people pass the exam the first time. However, you can take the exam as many times as necessary without any additional charge.
For California Insurance Discount Only: Our online exam consists of multiple-choice questions and requires about 10-15 minutes to complete. Most people pass the exam the first time. However, you can take the exam as many times as necessary without any additional charge.
For CA TVS Operator: The online exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions for the 8-Hour course and 25 multiple-choice questions for the 4-Hour course. You must receive a score of at least 70% to pass. The exam is open-book, so you can look back at the course as you take it.
The State of California allows you 2 attempts at the final exam. If you fail the second attempt, the California DMV requires you to start the course over from the beginning. Safe2Drive does not charge you to retake the course if you fail the exam twice. You may also enroll in another Traffic Violator School course if you choose to do so rather than starting our course over from the beginning.
4. Get Your Certificate or Receipt of Completion
For CA Traffic School: We will process your completion to the court electronically after passing the final exam. We will also email your
Receipt of Completion to you for your records. You can also print a copy from your account. Once the court has received and reviewed your completion, they will notify the DMV.
The DMV will then mask (hide) the points on your driving record. No one, including the insurance companies, will see your ticket.
For tickets assigned to a federal court, we will email your Certificate of Completion to you after passing the final exam. You must sign the certificate and submit it directly to the court.
For CA Driver Education: For students under age 18, if you finish the final exam by 3PM PST Monday-Friday, we will process and mail your Certificate of Completion (DL 400c) via 1st Class USPS mail that same day. If you complete the final exam after 3PM PST Monday-Friday, your Certificate will be processed the next business day. For those who require faster shipping methods, we also offer FedEx Overnight and 2-day delivery for an additional fee.
For students age 18 and over, we will email you a Receipt of Completion when you complete the course. You can keep this for your records.
For Mature Driver: We will send your certificate once you pass the final exam (Monday-Friday by 3PM PST) via USPS mail. Most students receive their certificates within 3-7 business days. If you need it faster, we offer FedEx Priority and FedEx 2-Day.
For Insurance Discount Only: You can print your certificate online immediately after passing the final exam.
For CA TVS Operator: We will email you your Certificate of Completion as soon as you pass the final exam. You can also print a copy of your certificate from your account. If you took the 8-Hour course, you must bring the certificate with you to the DMV when you apply for your license. If you took the 4-Hour course, you must submit a copy of your certificate to the DMV with your renewal application.