Nevada 15-5 Driver Education Program
Safe2Drive is approved by the Nevada DMV to offer the 15-5 driver education program.
What's the Difference Between the 15-5 Course and the 30-Hour Course?
The difference between the 2 courses is that the 15-5 Course requires 15 hours of online education and 5 hours of professional behind-the-wheel training, while the 30-hour course requires
30 hours of online instruction and no professional behind-the-wheel training.
The course you take just depends on your personal preference: would you feel more comfortable completing behind-the-wheel training with an instructor? You get to decide what works best for you!
Please Note: In addition to completing a driver education course, drivers under 18 are also required to complete 50 hours of behind-the-wheel experience to get their driver license. You must have a licensed driver who is 21 or older and has been licensed for at least one year seated next to you at all times. 10 hours of the experience must be completed in darkness.
If you are taking a 15-5 driver education course, the 5 hours of behind-the-wheel driving lessons that you are required to take with a professional driving school count toward the 50 hours of behind-the-wheel experience. You must log your behind-the-wheel driving time in the Beginner Driver Experience Log which your parent/legal guardian must sign when you apply for your Nevada driver's license.
How Does the Driver Education Course Work?
- Register for your 15-hour course with us.
- Complete the course instruction online.
- Pay for the course before you take the final exam.
- Pass the final exam.
- Safe2Drive will email you a Certificate of Completion immediately after you pass the final exam. You can print your certificate right away!
- Sign up for and complete 5 hours of behind-the-wheel training.
How Do I Get My Instruction Permit?
To get your instruction permit, you must:
After I've Completed a 15-5 Driver Education Course, How Do I Get My Driver's License?
To get your driver’s license after you’ve completed our 15-5 driver education course, you must:
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Hold a valid instruction permit for at least six months prior to applying.
- Have no at-fault collisions in the six months before you apply for your license.
- Have no moving violation convictions in the six months before you apply for your license.
- Have no alcohol or drug convictions in the six months before you apply for your license.
- Complete 45 hours of behind-the-wheel experience with a licensed driver, who is 21 years or older and who has been licensed for at least one year, seated next to you at all times. 10 hours of this must be completed in darkness. Please note, young drivers are required to complete 50 hours of behind-the-wheel experience, but the 5 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction that you completed with a professional driving school as part of the 15-5 program counts towards these 50 hours, which is why you only need to complete 45 hours after the 15-5 course. Use the Nevada DMV’s Parents Supervised Guide for detailed lessons and tips on the skills beginning drivers need to learn to stay safe on the road. Keep a written log (DLD 130) of the dates and times of this behind-the-wheel experience. You can also use the RoadReady app. Your parent or guardian must sign the first page of the DLD-130 form.
- Pass a Driving Skills test.
Here is what you should bring with you when you go to the DMV to apply for your driver’s license:
How Much Does It Cost?
The 15-5 Course is just $34.95.