Ohio Driver Education
Why Take Driver Education with Safe2Drive?
Our online Ohio driver education course makes earning your driver license a breeze! You get a quality educational experience without ever having to leave home! It's the most convenient way to complete the classroom portion of your driver education requirement.
About the Course
This course is 24 hours in length, as per Ohio DPS rules. It is broken into 25 easy interactive lessons that include videos, animations, and fun activities. At the end of each lesson, you will take a short multiple-choice quiz to test your knowledge of the course material. You must pass each quiz to move on to the next lesson. At the end of the course, there will be a 50-question multiple-choice final exam. You will need to score at least 75% to pass. We're confident that you'll have no trouble passing on your first try!
In order to get your Ohio driver license before you turn 18, you must complete an approved driver education course. To be eligible to start your course, you must be at least 15 years and 5 months old.
Steps for Teens
All that's required for you to get started is to register for the course on our website! Your parent will need to go through the registration process with you, as both you and your parent will sign an Enrollment Agreement and your parent's identity must be verified before you may begin the course.
We've made everything as simple as possible to ensure that this process goes smoothly for you. The steps are as follows:
- Complete the first two hours of online instruction and receive your Certificate of Enrollment. You will use this Certificate of Enrollment to begin your behind-the-wheel instruction.
- Complete the remaining 22 hours of online instruction (this can be completed concurrently with the behind-the-wheel instruction you're taking with a professional driving school).
- Receive your Certificate of Completion (we will mail this to you upon successful completion of the course). This Certificate of Completion is for the classroom portion of driver education only.
Getting Your Driver License
In addition to completing this online Ohio Driver Education course, there are other requirements you must meet in order to apply for your driver license. You will also need to do the following:
- Complete 8 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction with a professional driving school. You must give the behind-the-wheel school your Certificate of Completion from Safe2drive for the 24 hours of online coursework you completed.
That way, when you complete the 8 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction with them, they can issue you a Certificate of Completion for Driver Education that shows you have completed BOTH the 24 hours of coursework and the 8 hours
of behind-the-wheel. Take that certificate with you to the BMV when you go to take your drive test.
- Log a total of 50 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction with your parent or guardian, including 10 hours of nighttime driving. Your parent or guardian must sign a notarized affidavit to verify you have completed this 50 hours of driving experience.
- Hold your Temporary Instruction Permit Identification Card (TIPIC) for at least 6 months.
Once you have completed all of the items above, you can apply for your driver license. You will be required to pass a driving skills exam before you will be granted a driver license.