Michigan Driver Safety Courses
1. Basic Driver Improvement Course
Take our Basic Driver Improvement Course (BDIC) to satisfy a court order or keep points off your driving record and to keep insurance companies from seeing your ticket.
How It Works
Get everything done in just 3 easy steps!
- Register and pay.
- Complete the course.
- Completion Processing.
Registration is fast and easy. Create a username and password, input your contact information, and read some information about the course. That's it! You're ready to get started.
2. Complete the Course.
Our course consists of short lessons that include videos, games, animations and other interactive multimedia. The course is only 4 hours long--the shortest time allowed by law! You can
complete it all at once or over a period of time. We automatically take you to your last spot each time you log in.
There is a multiple-choice quiz after each lesson and a multiple-choice final exam at the end of the course. We allow unlimited retakes of the lesson quizzes and final exam--retake them if you need to until you pass!
3. Completion Processing.
Point Avoidance -
If you are taking the course for point avoiadance, when you complete the course, we will process your completion to the Michigan Department of State for you. The Michigan Department of State will not add any points from the ticket to your driving record
and will not show the ticket information to insurance companies. You do not need to provide any paperwork to your court or the Michigan Department of State.
Court Order -
If you are taking the course to satisfy a court order, you will receive a Certificate of Completion to give to your court.
2. Insurance Discount Only
- You may be eligible for an insurance discount by completing our Insurance Discount course. Discounts, if any, vary from insurer to insurer. Please check with your insurance company before taking our course.
- This course is for an insurance discount only and is not intended to be taken for ticket dismissal.
3. Mature Driver Improvement
- If you are age 55+, you may obtain a discount on your auto insurance premium by completing a Mature Driver Improvement course. The amount of the discount, if any, varies by insurance company. Check with your insurance agent to see the discount available to you.
- This course is for insurance discount only and is not intended to be taken for ticket dismissal.
- This course is not currently approved.