California Traffic Violator School
Why Should I Take This Course?
A DMV-licensed California Traffic Violator School course allows you to mask your traffic ticket. That means insurance companies cannot see your traffic ticket, and therefore can't raise your rate because of it.
A traffic school course is also a great refresher for any driver. It will help you brush up on the basics and learn about new California driving laws that might have
been put into place since you got your driver license.
Am I Eligible?
You typically take traffic school, or Traffic Violator School (TVS), after you get a ticket. You are eligible for traffic
violator school if:
- You have a valid driver license (normal Class C; not a commercial license *).
- You were ticketed for a moving violation (e.g., speeding, red light).
- You have not taken traffic school for a ticket you got in the last 18 months (from citation date).
- You have paid all fees.
* If you hold a commercial driver license: You may be eligible for Traffic Violator School (TVS) if you received the ticket on or after January 1, 2013, you were not driving a commercial vehicle when you received the ticket, and you have a referral from the court to attend TVS.
The court may not order that the record of conviction be kept confidential. However, the conviction shall not be added to a violation point count for purposes of determining whether a driver is presumed to be a negligent operator under Section 12810.5.
How It Works
Get everything done in six easy steps!
- Complete the course.
- Pass the exam.
- Complete the course evaluation.
- Get your Receipt of Completion.
We process your course completion to your court for you electronically! Once the court has received and reviewed your completion, they will notify the DMV. The DMV will then mask (hide) the ticket on your driving record. Your Receipt of Completion is simply for your records.
It's as easy as that! Our helpful Customer Care team is here to answer any questions you may have.
Remember to check with your court 7-10 business days after you
complete the course to make sure they have processed your completion!