Arizona Defensive Driving
Why Should I Take a Defensive Driving Course?
There are 2 main reasons why drivers take an Arizona Defensive Driving course:
- Ticket Diversion
Drivers take this course in order to have the court dismiss their ticket, and to prevent having points added to their record.
Drivers take this course because the judge ordered them to attend a defensive driving program. The ticket will not be dismissed, but completion of the course fulfills their court requirement.
An Arizona Defensive Driving course is also a great refresher for any driver. It will help you brush up on the basics and learn about new Arizona driving laws that might have
been put into place since you got your driver license.
Am I Eligible?
There are several requirements you must meet in order to be eligible to take an online Defensive Driving course. You are eligible to take this course
- You have not attended an Arizona Defensive Driving Program for ticket dismissal in the last 12 months of your citation date.
- Your violation code is on the list of eligible violations.
- Your violation did not cause injury or death.
- You are not less than seven days away from your court date.
If you hold a commercial driver license, you are eligible to take a Defensive Driving course to dismiss a civil traffic moving violation if you meet the eligibility requirements listed above as well as the following requirements:
- You take the Defensive Driving course on or after 9/1/2019.
- You were driving a vehicle requiring a Class D or a Class M license (i.e., you were driving a non-commercial vehicle).
- The vehicle was not being used for commercial purposes.
How It Works
Get everything done in six easy steps!
- Register (make sure you have the necessary paperwork).
- Pay (see the cost to attend).
- Complete the course.
- Complete the course evaluation.
- Get your Receipt of Completion.
You can print a copy of your Receipt of Completion after completing the course. Your Receipt of Completion is your proof that you have successfully completed and passed a defensive driving course. Your court will also be notified electronically of your course completion.
If you do not have access to a printer and need a hard copy of your Receipt of Completion, please call us and we would be more than happy to mail you a copy.
It's as easy as that! Our helpful Customer Care team is here to answer any questions you may have.