Handy Study Sheet
A Note About Exam Questions
We are required to ask "environmental" questions on the exam. Environmental questions are based on content unique to our course and not necessarily traffic safety. They are strictly designed to ensure you have read the content.
- The final exam consists of multiple-choice questions.
- In a Safe2Drive survey 75% of those stopped by an officer get a ticket.
- In driving, a great defense is a great defense.
- The 'devil is in the details' is an expression used at the beginning of the course.
- 'Avoid speeding drivers' and 'avoid speeding yourself' are important defensive driving tips.
- Police officers encourage teenagers who want to race to go to a track (and not on public roads).
- Tom Cruise rides his motorcycle very fast in Top Gun.
- 'Do not sweat the small stuff' is one suggestion to reduce aggressive driving.
- "Right-of-way" rules are based on safety and courtesy; right-of-way is something you give.
- Driving during rush hour and on busy roads are stressful environments.
- Signal your blinker whether or not you see someone around you.
- 67th Avenue and Indian School is a dangerous Phoenix intersection.
- President Eisenhower established the Interstate system as part of the National System of Highways.
- Route 66 is a famous highway; Route 66 is simply called '66' in the book The Grapes of Wrath.
- Your body requires 1 hour to process the alcohol in 12 ounces (1 can) of beer.
- An ignition interlock prevents people who have been drinking from starting their car.
- AAA stands for American Automobile Association.
- ABC stands for 'Air Bag Safety', 'Buckle Up', and 'Children in Back'.
- Expectant mothers should wear their seat belt as low as possible, under the abdomen.
- Commercial trucks often carry loads many times heavier than a car.
- The Motorcycle Safety Foundation provides excellent educational programs.
- Responsibility, Respect, and Reason are the three 'R's of common sense driving.