Get your ticket masked and prevent points from being added to your record.
- Complete Your Course Online--No Classrooms!
- Enjoy Interactive Games, Videos, and Animations
- Study At the Pace That's Best For You. You Could Even Finish in One Day!
- Keep Your Traffic Ticket Confidential--Your Insurance Company Won't See It!
Enjoy a convenient and affordable traffic school program.
Find out if you're eligible to take a California Traffic School course.
- You Must Have a Valid Class C Driver License
- You Must Have Been Ticketed for a Moving (Driving) Violation
- You Must Have Not Taken Traffic School for a Ticket You Got in the Last 18 Months (from citation date)
- Learn More By Clicking Below
California Traffic School
Safe2Drive offers traffic school to help drivers who get tickets in Sierra County meet their traffic school requirement. Safe2Drive is approved by both court locations in Sierra County Superior Court.
The main courthouse is located in Downieville at 100 Courthouse Square. The regional courthouse is located in Portola. Its mailing address is Plumas Sierra Regional Courthouse, 600 Gulling Street, Portola, CA 96122.
Most traffic cases are handled at the Regional Courthouse.
Eligibility for Traffic School
You are eligible for traffic school if your ticket is for a normal traffic violation (e.g., speeding), and you have not attended traffic school in the last 18 months. You must also hold a valid driver's license. The court determines your eligibility and will notify you in the courtesy notice or on their web site.
Drivers with commercial licenses are not eligible for traffic school.
How It Works
You will get a courtesy notice in the mail about six weeks after a police officer gives you a ticket. The notice
will explain your options. The notice will also let you know if you are eligible for traffic school. You can register on our web site for California Traffic School by choosing
Sierra County, and then the court to which your case is assigned. Follow the prompts to complete the course and pass the exam. Safe2Drive will mail the certificate directly to the court.
You can print a copy online for your records. Please allow a week or so for the court to process your completion. Of course you can call or email us anytime.
Safe2Drive's traffic school, driver education, and defensive driving programs are approved in many states throughout the United States.